▶강좌자료 :: 강좌의 발제ㆍ후기 게시판입니다. 첨부파일보다 텍스트로 올려주세요!

[차라투스트라6강] Baba Review

홍바바 2021.08.20 03:49 조회 수 : 92

About Boyhood and my project

I have watched Boyhood lately directed by Richard Stuart Linklater. I am a big fan of his former movie, School of Rock, which starred Jack Black. It always works to make my mood turn around.  That director would have what perspective I like about the US. Roughly speaking, my favorites of his works are energetic and have a well-detailed style. The US is multicultural. He knows how to represent diversities as energy. Considering his background, He is from Texas, where is known for the conservative area in the US. He, however, seems to have a different taste away from the majority and like exceptions. He have strong ego in common. but he also touches on small details. I will show two aspects of his recent movie which appeals to me. The one is his big movie ego. The other is his symptomatic details.

Boyhood would be the champion of come-of-age movies, even among all movies. It's the epic experiment for 12 years. They filmed for the same period every year. Over the years, the main character and the movie grew all up. Movie, so called, is all about time. His movie becomes the movie itself. It is an experiment that matches the story and form. It feels dejavu with Guillermo del Toro movies in the way of time and also Paul Cezzane paintings in unification. Their works have no zones between we and the works. They create an experience of unity like one school of thought in philosophy. Becoming the movie is his overman, of movie, for movie, by movie. It’s definitely not like god’s way. God is almighty. We are limited in time and power. The abyss of limitation gives us beyond dimension ironically. That's human methods. I feel more connected through movie. That seems to be life and movie.       

In the last scene, the director delivered his thought for 12 year work through the mouth of the movie. "The moment seizes us", saying the girlfriend-to-be.  It’s an opposite variation of the famous quote “Seize the moment”. It also makes sense. The moment is constant and always right now like her sitting next to him. Something always lies with a new love spark. The giving off moment repeats. It talks about becomings of difference. it shows the way the movie presents itself. Detail-captured moment fill the movie. Specifically, In the scene of bowling, it ends with cut-away insert. It shows a logo video on the screen when all pins are fallen over. An alligator bites and breaks off all pins in a funny way. It looks like they filmed in a hurry for schedule. It's not well-framed, either. I am not sure if it is done on purpose. The shot would rather looks lively and friendly. I call it the point of view of the times. The moment tells a lot. First of all, the alligator shows local attributes. It also ends up saying their joy by family get-together activity in that moment. The moment lasts long and repeats. 

I add more points to diagonal art through this session. Over-going and down-going happen in a diagonal way. It speaks to me. Haebangchon project is ripen in mind. I want it to be dealt with in a different way. Waiting on top and Rushing on bottom would be presented in a diagonal world. I hope to see it in person.

CLOSE